JSS MySQL table model identifier question.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Recently we've begun the process of integrating our JSS inventory into our internal inventory. While I can find the model identifier as related to a units serial number, I've yet to find where the more human readable "Model" exists in the tables (directly related to the serial number)

To be specific I can see that serial number xxxxxxxxxxxx is a MacBookPro8,1 but where does casper come up with 13-inch MacBook Pro (2011). I would much prefer to pull the full model name into my inventory than the Model Identifier. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does this info even exist in the tables or does the JSS simply compare the model identifier against a known list of models? I admit that I'm posting this here in lieu of searching through the tables.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

gregp
Contributor

There is no table (last I looked in 8.5 or something) and JAMF pointed us to:
/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/xml/computerModels.xml

View solution in original post

seanhansell
Contributor

Nothing to be worried about. The file gregp mentions is able to be modified. In fact, we use a completely custom computerModels.xml file with our own requirements and model translation for our PC computers.

- Sean

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gregp
Contributor

There is no table (last I looked in 8.5 or something) and JAMF pointed us to:
/Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/xml/computerModels.xml

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Crud... that's what I was worried about. Thanks.

seanhansell
Contributor

Nothing to be worried about. The file gregp mentions is able to be modified. In fact, we use a completely custom computerModels.xml file with our own requirements and model translation for our PC computers.

- Sean