Problem partitioning during imaging

wculver
New Contributor III

I've created a configuration in Casper Admin for the new iMacs I'm installing in my Communications lab. The iMacs have 1TB hard drives and need to be split in to a 1gb Restore parition, a 250gb Boot partition, and 750gb media partition. I've created the partition scheme under the Additional Partitions tab in the Configuration in Casper Admin, but the scheme does not show up when I image the machine. When I load Casper Imaging and look at the steps, I do not see a step to create the partitions in the left pane of the application. Stranger still, if I click on Custom Install and look at the tab that shows the partitions, the disk space listed is only 500gb. I'm target mode imaging over Thunderbolt if that makes any difference. I'm completely confused at this point. I must be missing something easy.

2 REPLIES 2

wculver
New Contributor III

I've discovered that this issue only crops up when I attempt to image using Target Mode Imaging. We do not currently ave Netboot setup, so I've been target disk booting the Macs I've been imaging. When I target disk boot the mac, select the target drive, and check the "Erase hard drive" box the correct partition scheme is created. However, If I do Target Mode Imaging the partition scheme, regardless of the options selected, does not get created.

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey wculver,

On these new iMacs, go into terminal and type

asr --version

If we see that the system is reporting an ASR Version above 265, let's try this:

Set the OS priority to "2" in your configuration, instead of "1", and give it another try.