Import Real Name into JSS for iPad

KRowe
New Contributor

Hello,
We have 200+ iPads in Casper and would like to import a list to add the real name of the user to the real name field. I have been looking at different posts and found ways to do this with a computer. Is there something I am over looking?

Kris

4 REPLIES 4

matambanadzo
New Contributor II

It doesn't seem possible. Also trying to do this.

nsdjoe
Contributor II

Hi Kris,

We have our JSS tied to our LDAP server. In Casper 9, go to Management Settings -> System Settings -> LDAP server. Add your LDAP server. You can map the Real Name field to a field from your LDAP database. We map Username, Real Name, Email Address, Building, and Position.

When our users enroll their iPad using our enrollment web page (i.e. user initiated enrollment at https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/enroll), these fields in the JSS get populated by information from our LDAP directory. So the real name of the user gets into the Real Name field in the JSS.

I don't know if you can import a list after the device has been enrolled, but the process above has worked great for us when initially deploying devices.

Hope this helps!
~Joe

lhscasper
Contributor

Hi Kris,

If you have mapped the LDAP fields as nsdjoe has suggested, then under "Mobile Device Management" and "Inventory Collection" tick the box labelled "Collect user and location information from LDAP". The next time your devices do an inventory update the JSS will populate the fields from your active directory.

Cheers,
Chris.

joelande
Contributor

Can we also then set an LDAP variable to the device name?