Self Service wonky permissions

gm7cadd9
New Contributor III

This is a new installation for me, I am relatively new to the product. I built a bunch of self-service packages, and tested a few deployments with no issues, this has been working fine for about a week. Today it seems out of nowhere the apps installed by self-service will not open, they show "no access". It looks like the owner (original creator of the initial package) is the only one who has access.

These packages were made with a local admin account (captainla), but I am not sure why apps being deployed with Self Service are taking the captainla account as the owner, when System should own the apps, right?

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi and welcome.

Did you build these packages in Composer? If so, on the Mac you built them on, look at the permissions applied to the applications in the original Source files on the left. You can examine any file/folder/apps permissions in Composer by selecting it and seeing the owner, group and POSIX permissions on the bottom. It may be set wrong there, in which case the installation will honor that and set those same permissions on the deployment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hi and welcome.

Did you build these packages in Composer? If so, on the Mac you built them on, look at the permissions applied to the applications in the original Source files on the left. You can examine any file/folder/apps permissions in Composer by selecting it and seeing the owner, group and POSIX permissions on the bottom. It may be set wrong there, in which case the installation will honor that and set those same permissions on the deployment.

gm7cadd9
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help!

Turns out not every package had this issue, mostly self contained apps, and they did indeed have POSIX permissions overriding everything, I never caught it before because I had tested them on a different computer.... but using the same account, rookie mistake.

thanks again!