Adobe InCopy CS6 Will Not Install

jconte
Contributor II

I created a package for InCopy CS6 using AAMEE and it works fine if run manually. However, when I try to install via Self Service it looks like it is working then fails. Not much of a log

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.6
Executing Policy Adobe InCopy CS6...
[STEP 1 of 3]
Mounting afp://casper.prudential.com/CasperShare to /Volumes/CasperShare...
[STEP 2 of 3]
Copying 2013-03-21_Adobe_InCopy_CS6_Install...
Installing 2013-03-21_Adobe_InCopy_CS6_Install...
Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is 2013-03-21_Adobe_InCopy_CS6
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
Unmounting file server...
[STEP 3 of 3]
Running Recon...

Any ideas ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

First thought, is Gatekeeper on at the target Mac?

When you manually install, are you pulling the AAMEE pacakge off the same share that Casper is pulling from? Or are you using the AAMEE package that you uploaded to the server? We've had problems with Casper Admin not reliably uploading big AAMEE packages in the past, not ver often though, and I would think Casper Admin would checksum uploads?

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jconte
Contributor II

Hi Don -

Thanks for the response. It's not Gatekeeper and I did use the package from the server. All of my other CS packages work so I am very confused. I also tried using Casper Remote but it fails there as well. I'll install it manually for now and keep working on it to see if I can resolve.

Thanks
Jeff

myronjoffe
Contributor III

I get the following error message: Installation failed. The installer reported: dyld: DYLD environment variables being ignored because main executable (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Resources/runner) is setuid or setgid
installer: Package name is AdobeInCopyCS6
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.*

If i install using cached packged with Casper remote or self service i get the error. It only works if I manually install the package.

(Distribution points are AFP.)

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Just curious, did you check the option to 'ignore errors and continue'? And have you tried re-uploading the AAMEE PKG?

--
https://donmontalvo.com

myronjoffe
Contributor III

Hi Don, Thanks for your response. I did check that box in the AAMEE app.
I tried everything I could think of... I Think it has something to do with the way Casper lays down the AAMEE pkg file. (JSS 8.62)

I have resorted to using the install pkg from dmg wrapper script out of the resource kit.
Using this workflow InCopy CS6 installs correctly.