Remote Login ( All Users)

Kevin
Contributor II

We seem to have started having a problem with Remote Login on our Mac OSX systems. We have (had) them set to allow access for "All users". Recently, many of them have changed to Allow access for "Only these users" and, because no users are selected, we lose the ability to ssh to the systems, meaning no Casper remote, etc…

What could be causing this setting to keep changing and how can I stop it?

I have a policy that runs this command daily, but it doesn't seem to impact it.
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -configure -allowAccessFor -allUsers -privs -all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zmkaylor
New Contributor III

I'm not sure what's causing the setting to change, but this command will change Remote Login to Allow Access for: All users.

/usr/bin/dscl . -delete /Groups/com.apple.access_ssh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hkim
Contributor II

Remote Login and Remote Management are two different things. Use systemsetup instead.

sudo systemsetup -setremotelogin on

To change what users have ssh access you have to do some dscl magic to add users / groups. I haven't tested but this does look like it's going in the right direction.

http://superuser.com/questions/166179/how-to-enable-remote-access-for-another-account-on-mac-remotely-via-ssh

zmkaylor
New Contributor III

I'm not sure what's causing the setting to change, but this command will change Remote Login to Allow Access for: All users.

/usr/bin/dscl . -delete /Groups/com.apple.access_ssh

Kevin
Contributor II

Thanks Zeb. That did the trick!