Apple Configurator question

lehmanp00
Contributor III

I remember that even though you could sync a wireless and the Casper Enrollment profile with Configurator, you still had to tap the screen a bunch of times to accept and allow the profiles to be used AND even more taps if the devices were new. This in turn caused timeout issues with multiple iOS devices. Is this still the case?

I'll admit we haven't looked at the Configurator in a while, but looking at Casper Focus and the need to use Supervise in Configurator thought I would ask.

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbuckner
Contributor

This is still the case. To avoid this, set up one ipad and clear all the setup screens. Right-click on the ipad in configurator and make a backup. Put that backup on your other ipads and all the setup screens will be cleared. Warning - doing this on an ipad will erase all personal data from the ipad, so do this on new ipads, not ipads that are already assigned to users.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mbuckner
Contributor

This is still the case. To avoid this, set up one ipad and clear all the setup screens. Right-click on the ipad in configurator and make a backup. Put that backup on your other ipads and all the setup screens will be cleared. Warning - doing this on an ipad will erase all personal data from the ipad, so do this on new ipads, not ipads that are already assigned to users.