"Checking for policies"

MarcosMunoz
New Contributor III

Hello JAMF Nation. I'm new to Casper and was wondering if there is a way to disable the "Checking for policies" pop-up when logging in and/or logging off?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

armando
New Contributor III

JSS Webpage>Settings>Computer Management Framework Settings>Login/Logout Hooks> Uncheck Display status to user during login and logout.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

bajones
Contributor II

Been a while since I've modified this setting, but I believe this is what you are looking for:

Log into JSS, Click on Settings, Computer Management Framework Settings, Login/Logout Hooks, "Create login and logout hooks" and "Perform login actions in background" need to be checked.

armando
New Contributor III

JSS Webpage>Settings>Computer Management Framework Settings>Login/Logout Hooks> Uncheck Display status to user during login and logout.

bajones
Contributor II

Well, I almost had it. I was about 10 pixels away from the right answer!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

If you disable the "Display status to user" option, its also a good idea to check on the "Perform login actions in background" option, otherwise you run the risk of login policies locking up the screen as a policy runs with no indication that something is happening. So in that sense, you are also right bajones :)

MarcosMunoz
New Contributor III

Thank you guys for the response.

MarcosMunoz
New Contributor III

Thank you guys for the response.

kirkmshaffer
New Contributor II

We don't have login/logout hooks enabled so we can't disable the "Display to users" piece. We see this notification pop-up between FileVault authentication, and full login. Offline (i.e. no contact to the jss) this takes longer... a minute or two, and beachballs. Any other thoughts?

denmoff
Contributor III

Can the message be changed to say something more helpful? I've had users tell me that they thought they had a virus and unplugged their machine. "Checking for Policies" is not very friendly.