iTunes and App Store - White Page or Cannot Connect to Server

Jennifer_Green
New Contributor
New Contributor

JAMF Nation, We are currently experiencing problems with opening up the App Store and iTunes but before I explain the problems, I should inform of you how we deployed the iPads. The iPad’s are 4th generation and supervised with Apple Configurator. We used Apple Configurator to install the Casper registration profile, when registration is complete the following profiles are pushed from Casper.
• CIPA – proxy filter • Self Service App
• School District Home Page
Students are required by CIPA to authenticate with their AD user name and password to access iTunes or the Internet. When authentication is complete both the internet and iTunes should open. What we are seeing after authentication is both the App Store and iTunes either show a white page or “Cannot Connect to Server”. We have whitelisted the following URL’s in CIPA in hopes to eliminate the problem:
• *.apple.com
• *.itunes.apple.com
• *.ax.itunes.apple.com
• homepage.mac.com
• digg.com
• *.mzstatic.com
• *.newrelic.com We have tested removing the filter and found there were no errors when opening the App Store or iTunes. We are curious if anyone else is experiencing similar issues and what solutions you might have to aid in us resolving the problem for our students.

Thank you,
Jennifer

2 REPLIES 2

cortday
New Contributor III

This may sound silly, but have you tried rebooting the iPad after it has been supervised?

We were experiencing the exact same problem and I just now noticed that when I reboot the device it magically starts working.

cortday
New Contributor III

This may sound silly, but have you tried rebooting the iPad after it has been supervised?

We were experiencing the exact same problem and I just now noticed that when I reboot the device it magically starts working.