Sigh - another iOS7 issue - Location Services Disabled on its own on our iPad Carts during upgrade.

cgordy
Contributor

In our environment of 1900 iPads, we have a local restriction enabled on the device.
That restriction prohibits changes to Location Services and Accounts.
Our kids were either turning off Location Services or deleting the account - that is why we did what we did.

On devices I have tested in the office, as well as my own work devices, each time iOS 7 installed, it asked whether to enable or disable Location Services.

We came up with a test to mass upgrade a school's devices today.

Competent people visited each cart and iOS was already cached and ready on the device...all they had to do was tap Install and do the 3-4 initial iOS setup screens.

I arrived on site to see their progress, and they were all done...went really well and they were only on it for a couple of hours.
They also said they never were prompted in the setup screens to enable Location Services...which confused me as to why this scenario differed from previous tests.

Well guess what. I logged onto iCloud to get a bird's eye view of the cart and every darn device has Location Services Disabled.

Grrr...

450-some ipads now need to be hand touched to change the Privacy setting.

Can I do this with Casper somehow?
I'd imagine we will have to touch the device to turn off the local Restriction code - but if a config will enable Location services, well, the server managing this is far better than what we are facing.

thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

cgordy
Contributor

ohh, and after discovering this issue and I start to poke around on one of these iPads, the screen popped up an alert saying there was an iOS update - umm yea, 7.0.2 - so I am back to square one.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Yes, we supervised and manually entered the passwords on every device (1600+) this summer to enable Find my iPad. Our devices are for kids under 13 (1 to 1) or carts, so we're using institutional model....
Devices started rolling to ioS 7 (kids claiming they were updating themselves...) and then when they got the three screens, they could do what ever....including disabling Location Services which is irrelevant I guess since:

After iOS 7 update, Apple has changed the Find my iPhone TOS, and so password and agree are required to re-enable FInd my iPhone.

Another interesting new "feature": Activation Lock. Supposedly disabled for Supervised devices, however I took an existing Sync node, updated to 10.8.5, iTunes 11.1 and AC 1.4
Prepared/supervised a new device, showed supervised. On the device clicked through the three screens that seemingly cannot be avoided, checked device in Find my iPad, and it was located.
Unsupervised the device (which of course, wiped it)
Went to the device to Activate, and it would not Activate unless I either entered the Apple ID PW or deleted the device in iCloud>Find my iPad....this looks like Activation lock to me...

Will call Enterprise support today if i get time.