Apple Configurator 1.4 Removes Passcode and Casper Self-Service

Bedfords
New Contributor II

As soon as I plug it in, it removes these two items. I am checking to see if there is a solution. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Look in your Configurator preferences and make sure to uncheck the option to remove profiles and settings not installed by Configurator.

DVG
New Contributor III

I've seen the same. The box in Prefs to Remove profiles & apps configurator did not install is unchecked and it still removes all JSS-installed web clips, etc.

Dusty VanGilder

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

The 'as soon as you plug it in' part is probably a Configurator pref to automatically refresh..

What I saw tonight was that a refresh is uninstalling all checked profiles and then reinstalling them. Essentially it is unenrolling and enrolling again. I happened to have a restriction and also an app that was being pushed based on the name of the Mobile Device.. But the database lost this knowledge when the device unenrolled and those settings were not there anymore. I am new to Casper so I don't know if this is how Scope always has worked. In Apple's Profile Manager it retains a placeholder upon unenrollment.

chris

krusej23
New Contributor

I am also having issues with Configurator removing the Self Service web clip when I do a backup of the iPad.

krusej23
New Contributor

Never mind, I found out that I had a setting to remove any apps that were not installed by Configurator.