[OT] 10.9 and Cisco Anyconnect

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Anybody tried using Anyconnect with 10.9? Since going to 10.9 I seem to get booted ever 50 seconds. Tried a couple different servers, tried the latest and greatest version (3.1.04072). Tried last night and this morning.

I've my pilot users are also having a similar problem, though they described it as 'flakey'... but i'd say 50 seconds is darn near broken.

Just curious if others are experiencing the same issue or if it's limited to my environment.

9 REPLIES 9

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

I haven't had any issues yet, currently I am the only one using 10.9 here, but I am also using AnyConnect v2.5.3055

Lotusshaney
Contributor II

It's broken. Cisco knows about it.

"Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) Compatibility Update - AnyConnect VPN does not presently reliably operate on the OS X 10.9 Mavericks GM seed. This issue is being tracked inside Cisco under ID: CSCuh73010 and has also been escalated to Apple for their analysis. We do not yet have an estimate on compatibility, but will report back as soon as we have additional information."

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

As @Lotusshaney mentioned, the frequent disconnects is a known issue. Cisco released information stating that their latest version isn't fully compatible with Mavericks yet. We're waiting on an updated release as well.

haircut
Contributor

That's strange. We're using AnyConnect 3.x and it works just fine on 10.9; has on all the DPs, GM and the public release.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Well, Cisco did note it was sporadic issues, and I saw some information elsewhere here that the problem may only occur on certain Mac models. I don't know much more than that. If its working for you, count yourself lucky.

glutz
New Contributor III

We are running 3.0.5080 with Mavericks and haven't had any issues at this point.

lpnicholas
New Contributor

Same here--no problems to report thus far. Using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client - Version 3.1.04063 (with Mavericks)

bazcurtis
New Contributor III

Same here. Working fine for me. I was aware Cisco knew there was an issue, but decided I would go for it. I was vpned into the office all day today, no problem.

fritz_schlapbac
Contributor

There is an update from Cisco now to fix the Mavericks issues:

https://twitter.com/anyconnect/status/396416784351657984