MySQL issue after Mavericks Server upgrade

akolodczak
New Contributor

We decided to upgrade to Mavericks and Server 3.0 on our Mac Mini server. The JSS didn't like that. Whoops. The upgrade also removed Java, and JCE, which was a semi pain to fix, but not terrible. The JSS is running fine now, but in System Prefs I notice that MySQL is "not running" which is not possible as the JSS works, so it must be running. The only conclusion I can come to is that a preference file in MySQL is missing or a pointer is invalid. Has anyone seen this issue or knows how to resolve? At this point it's just a cosmetic issue but if/when I need to restart I won't be able to since I can't stop/start the service. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

curullij
Contributor

Have you tried removing the MySQL preference? You can right click and remove it and then re-add it from the install dmg. I've had the preference pane play up before when updating MySQL and that's fixed it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

curullij
Contributor

Have you tried removing the MySQL preference? You can right click and remove it and then re-add it from the install dmg. I've had the preference pane play up before when updating MySQL and that's fixed it.

akolodczak
New Contributor

Brilliant, that worked. Thanks!

curullij
Contributor

No worries :)