10.9: “OS X wants to use the ‘Local Items’ keychain”
Posted: 11/13/13 at 10:30 AM by rsterner
With Mavericks I’ve been getting a “OS X wants to use the ‘Local Items’ keychain” message when a new user logs on:
Entering the local Administrator password lets me continue. The problem is that our users are not given the local Admin password.
Here are the details:
• Started with clean 10.9 install
• Added required apps
• Customized Mac OS User Template:
o su \-
o rm -r /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/*
o cp -R /Users/test/* /System/Library/User\ Template/English.lproj/
• Capture image with Casper Composer 9.2
• Image MacBook Pro using Casper Imaging 9.2
• Managed by JAMF JSS 9.2
• Join CSUS Domain (Mobile Accounts enabled)
• Login with SacLink Username and Password
• Dialog Appears: “OS X wants to use the ‘Local Items’ keychain”
• Enter “Administrator” password that was created when Mavericks was originally installed for the new image.
My concern is how to avoid having a new user enter our secret Administrator password at their first login.