EFI partition showing as unhidden mount sometimes in 10.9?

andrew_stenehje
Contributor

I'm using AutoDMG to grab a clean copy of the OS X installer and imaging machines with it using Casper. We've had times when the EFI partition shows up on the user's desktop. We haven't been able to figure out what's causing it to show; it doesn't happen immediately after imaging or updates or anything.

Anybody else seen this?

3 REPLIES 3

Adminham
New Contributor III

You may have found an answer, given the age of this post.. But I have just found it's related to the jamf recon command.
Try running a manual recon command with ARD, while watching the desktop. Within a few seconds of issuing the command, the EFI partition appears!

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I've been having this problem for a long time with OS X 10.9 and 10.10 Macs. Manually running the recon command via ARD doesn't have any effect. The EFI partitions remain. On rare occasion they won't mount at startup. We're running JSS 9.65.
How can a problem with the recon command have an effect on the EFI partition mounting itself?

Adminham
New Contributor III

@AVmcclint I found the EFI partition was being mounted due to one of the custom Extension Attributes I had created mounting & checking all drives (dual boot EA).. Doh! :)