3 iPads that flat out won't connect to our enterprise 802.1x wireless

spowell01
Contributor

Has anyone else had any iOS devices that just flat out 100% refuse to connect to an 802.1x network? We have 3 iPads out of over 1,000 that are not getting a certificate prompt. These 3 devices are iOS 5.1.1, and have been fully reset multiple times. They can see our network, get a username/password prompt and then give an error that they fail to join. All other iPads on all versions of iOS work fine. These problem iPads will also connect to ANY other wireless network, just not our 802.1x. I have checked our radius server and both wireless controllers and there is no record of these 3 devices. I'm at a total loss, and pretty much have written these 3 devices off as oddball hardware issues. What i would expect to see is a certificate prompt right after entering credentials.....

3 REPLIES 3

lhscasper
Contributor

Have you checked the time / timezone on the iPads? We often have issues where the time is out by a few minutes and that ends up causing all sorts of issues.

spowell01
Contributor

we thought of that, and at times these iPads will drift as much as 3 minutes because they are not connected to any network....but i dont think thats the issue as we are manually correcting the time just before trying to connect. Also i believe if a client has a time sync issue, there is still a connection entry in the logs on the radius server, and that we are not seeing.

guzmanhm
New Contributor II

I had one iPad like this after a update and multiple times sent back to apple there response was they could not re create the issue I ended up having them deactivate the iPad and then i wiped it and everything magically worked so i don't know if the deactivation worked or apple did something to it the when they sent it back to me