Casper Imaging 9.22 issue

The_Tiger
New Contributor III

I have noticed that after we Upgraded to Casper Suite v9 Casper Imaging stopped working and have the error:

0: The Data From the JSS could not be parsed, Please ensure that your JSS is 5.0 version or later.

JAMF Support suggested to check our JSS database for any funny character. I have checked but couldn't find any.
Anybody please have any other suggestion that could lead me to fix Casper Imaging as at the moment I can't get to use Casper Imaging v9.22 to Built any new NetBoot set.
Casper Imaging work on the old NetBoot Set though.

5 REPLIES 5

nessts
Valued Contributor II

did you update the Imaging application, are you still running an old imaging application with the new database?

The_Tiger
New Contributor III

After Upgrading the JSS to version 9.2, I have copied and replaced the old version on my mac with version 9.2 of the Casper Suite.
So Yep I'm using the current/same exact version of the imaging Application.
Tried to use the old version to see if the same error happened but unfortunately you can't use any previous version you have to use the same version as JSS.

zmkaylor
New Contributor III

I'm seeing the same problem after upgrading from 8.73 to 9.3. Were you able to resolve the issue?

zmkaylor
New Contributor III

For us, this was an issue with our configurations after the upgrade. Basically, they'd become corrupted in the database. We deleted all our imaging configurations, ran a database repair, then recreated them and that resolve the issue.

pbenham
Contributor

In my case I saw this message today and it was due to a "bad" character that was in a the name of a package I had uploaded (must have fat fingered it). After I deleted the package (the JSS web interface worked fine) and restarted Tomcat I was back in business. I am running 9.32 on OS X 10.9.3.