Process Suggestions Needed For Updating An Ever Increasing Number of iPad Carts

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a great holiday and are off to a wonderful new year. I'm looking to get some complete process info for one of our Directors on your iPad cart configurations.

We just completed an update of 26 carts (Apps and OS) and have a possible 35 more on the way. We were terribly understaffed for our process this time around and are looking at a near impossible task with an addition of 35 carts. Here is our full process, let me know if you have any suggestions or changes. We have three different App configurations based on location. We have one building Apple ID for each school Sync Station.
Process:
1. Get all Sync Stations together, including one iPad from each school for each configuration type
2. Update the OS and Apple Configurator on Sync Stations
3. Update App versions in iTunes
4. Add additional Apps to iTunes, then import to Apple Configurator
5. Connect building iPad and update OS and App versions
6. Go through any additional setup screens, arrange Apps in specific folders, and clear data from previous semester
7. Backup image to Apple Configurator
8. Connect Sync Station and iPad to cart and update all iPad OS and App versions
9. Restore saved iPad image to all iPads
10. Install wireless, restriction, and web clip profiles
11. Install MDM profile

Does anyone have a better solution to bypass Apple Configurator besides a one to one deployment? I'd also like to know what your staffing situation is for keeping your carts updated. We are trying to find a way to update twice a year without having to deal with staffing issues over Winter or Spring Break.

I'd also like to know what you are doing to manage your cart deployments! Thanks for your info!

Thanks,

Mike

0 REPLIES 0