Dual Boot Imaging with WinClone

gkoontz
New Contributor

I'm attempting to create a dual boot with two equal partitions of OS10.9 and a winclone image/package. Should I be creating a Bootcamp (Windows) partition within my JSS configuration and selecting the winclone image, OR selecting the partition option when creating a Winclone pkg, including that in the configuration, and then not specifying any partitioning info?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kprice
New Contributor III

I have my Winclone image (.winclone) in Casper Admin and I set it up as a Configuration, set the partition and select the Winclone image there.
Creating a Winclone package will give you the availability to install Windows to an exiting Mac image, as you would any other package. I have only used the package method a couple of times. Worked when I needed it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kprice
New Contributor III

I have my Winclone image (.winclone) in Casper Admin and I set it up as a Configuration, set the partition and select the Winclone image there.
Creating a Winclone package will give you the availability to install Windows to an exiting Mac image, as you would any other package. I have only used the package method a couple of times. Worked when I needed it.

gkoontz
New Contributor

Thanks Kprice, that is the answer I was looking for. After additional testing I discovered that a compounding issue I was encountering (and why neither method seemed to be working) was due to Casper Admin zipping the winclone image when it is uploaded. I was able to get around this by copying the winclone image directly into the CasperShare on my distribution point.

gkoontz
New Contributor