Firebird Database

JimAllsop
New Contributor

Installing Fiery and the Fiery Software suite I noticed that all of a sudden I have a new standard user.... "Firebird Database". Anyone know what will happen if I delete this user? If I have to have it how do I hide it?

2 REPLIES 2

thoule
Valued Contributor II

I think this is the wrong forum for questions about Firebird, but I'll make some suggestions anyways. That user is there for security of the firebird data. If you delete this user, then I suspect applications will not be able to access the firebird database anymore (and stop working). To hide it, follow these instructions from Apple (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5017). However, DONT DO THIS on a production machine, as changing the userid or other settings could create other problems with the computer accessing the data. Unless you can make a full clone of the machine to test, don't make these edits without talking with Firebird forum first as only they know the program. Good luck! Todd

JimAllsop
New Contributor

Thanks @thoule I will check into it. I heard back from the printer company that we lease all our company printers on and their "super fiery certified super ninja" got back to me and said that it was the installation of the Fiery CWS 5 software program that created that user. And she said that I could simply delete it. :) I have not deployed these machines to the new graphics artist department. So what I am temped to do is delete it from the 1st two computers and then issue them out. If the Fiery CWS 5 software does not work, simply remove and install it again and press. If it works and they don't complain I will remove it from the other 8 iMacs and issue them out.

Or I might just hide the users before I issue them and leave it be..... not sure how much more work I want to do with Fiery stuff I bloody hate those things! LOL