Easy way to Convert Outlook 2011 Data (saved mail, in On my computer) to Outlook for windows PST format

Stubakka
Contributor II

Hello Guys, I have a rare instance where I have users that Have macs and will be switching back to pc... Long story but The powers the be want this so I have to assist. Anyone know of a simple way to convert the Mac data from outlook back to a windows PST format? I have done other work arounds in the past where I have my exchange admin make the users mailbox very large and just upload the data to exchange then bring it down into a PST on the windows side. but Id rather have a less involved option.

11 REPLIES 11

Musicmaker
Contributor

I don't understand the line "upload the data to exchange". You don't use Exchange mailbox in primary? If so, you can easily switch to windows computers (Outlook). Otherwise you could try Emailchemy http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/
Maybe this can solve your "problem".

thanzig
New Contributor II

"upload the data to exchange" - I think he means putting any archived mail back on the server.

Stubakka
Contributor II

Yes sorry, Thats what i mean, In the past we have just moved the Folders on my computer section back up into a folder in the users Inbox on Exchange and then gone to the windows system and moved it down into a PST

thanzig
New Contributor II

When all is said and done, it is the easiest way in my opinion, if your exchange admin will temporarily bump up mailbox storage.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

I use this: http://www.gladwevsoftware.com/olm-to-pst-converter-pro/

Will convert Outlook for Mac .OLM archives to PST files.

Stubakka
Contributor II

Ok so... I tried using like a gmail account, and this method would work for just EMAIl but not folder structure, in outlook for mac i could not drag a folder up to the Gmail account, only the emails themselves into folders i had to make on the gmail account, So i had my exchange admin grant me temp 9GB mailbox size for this user, I am interested in that Software Chriscollins however has anyone used any others ? thanks again.

Stubakka
Contributor II

Since the underlying issue is people just holding onto way to much mail, what kind of policies or practices do your businesses have with dealing with such a thing? My users pretty much get to do whatever they want, i have one that has 40GB of PSTs.... That gives me nightmares just thinking about it.

jameskolay
New Contributor

Nice information

Not applicable

To access Mac Outlook data into Windows Outlook you will have to perform some steps as mentioned below:
1. First, [Download OLM to PST Converter Tool](link URL=http://www.softwarepro.org/exporter/olm-to-pst/) for free
2. Browse OLM file and scan.
3. Preview Mac Outlook data into preview pane
4. Select PST as a resultant file format.
5. Waight till the export process completes.

Note: - The SAVE option restricted in free version to unlock this feature avail full version.

tigone
New Contributor

The simplest way is to use any third party tool called OLM to PST Conversion tool. This will let you to export OLM data into PST format. Try out this and thanks me later on.

scottb
Honored Contributor

This one came back from the 🪦