Techs can't image if some packages are in the config

JimAllsop
New Contributor

I can image all day long but my staff can't until they remove 3 of the packages I made. What would cause this?

The 3 packages they had to remove we're Firefox chrome and office 2011. All made on a clean Mac using snap shot, made by me. These packages install fine via self service. ( have not tried office via self service but the 2 browsers we have.)

I can image the same config no prob with all of them but they have to remove the 3 packages to be able too.

It takes me 4-6 minutes to push this stuff, they force quit at 8-10 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caitlin_H
New Contributor III

You would need to pull the packages down, chmod then and then throw them back up and try again.

In the packages did you only include the Applications themselves? Microsoft Office is a little more complicated but with Firefox and Chrome did you remove any weird lingering files?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pblake
Contributor III

Permissions? Try doing a Chmod -r 777 on them.

JimAllsop
New Contributor

Hey @pblake what's the best way to do that?

I wish I understood more about those permission blocks in composer.

Caitlin_H
New Contributor III

You would need to pull the packages down, chmod then and then throw them back up and try again.

In the packages did you only include the Applications themselves? Microsoft Office is a little more complicated but with Firefox and Chrome did you remove any weird lingering files?

JimAllsop
New Contributor

When I pulled then down and did the chmod in composer then rebuilt the dmg that worked.

Ps we also found that I am a domain admin, my tech is not. So when he used his LDAP login he could not install some stuff. Temporarily making him a domain admin confirmed this. We just use standard accounts now not ldap for my techs.

JimAllsop
New Contributor

When I pulled then down and did the chmod in composer then rebuilt the dmg that worked.

Ps we also found that I am a domain admin, my tech is not. So when he used his LDAP login he could not install some stuff. Temporarily making him a domain admin confirmed this. We just use standard accounts now not ldap for my techs.