No webclip icons in 9.23

tdurdan
New Contributor

Anyone else seeing issues with webclip icons not showing up in 9.23?

5 REPLIES 5

mpebley
New Contributor III

Yes - I am as well. My 'prior' upgrade icons were showing fine, added a new URL site plugin and the previous URL Self Service URL disappeared! Now had to remove icons for all URL's to get them to show up at all.

tdurdan
New Contributor

For me it ended up being an issue with either tomcat or JSS installer not creating the /usr/local/jss/tomcat/temp/JSS directory in RHEL 6. i had to manually create both the temp and JSS directories and give tomcat7 ownership of both. This also resolved an issue with replication to root JDS from Casper Admin.

mpebley
New Contributor III

bingo - thx that did it!

Josh_S
Contributor III

Looks like this affects other actions which upload things to the temp directory (JDS included). In my testing, I noticed that the temp/JSS directories will also have to be recreated every time the jamf.tomcat7 service restarts.

dmueller
Contributor

I'm currently using RedHat servers. I was able to temporarily resolve this by using the setenv.sh (created in /usr/local/jss/tomcat/bin/). The catalina.sh refers to this as the file to put your custom environmental variables instead of modifying the catalina.sh directly. Thanks to the JAMF support team for pointing this out.

#!/bin/bash
#setenv.sh
JAVA_OPTS=" -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M"
# temporary fix for the missing temp folder in /usr/local/jss/tomcat
mkdir -p /usr/local/jss/tomcat/temp/JSS
chown -Rv tomcat7:tomcat7 /usr/local/jss/tomcat/temp

This seems to work for JDS sync and the webclips.