Testing SUS config Profile

Philsto
New Contributor II

I want to confirm that the my SUS config profile is running correctly, doing what it's supposed to do and restricting updates from the correct SUS.

- I have a RHEL netsus and am running 9.24 in a dev environment
- In an effort to see if the .sucatalog address was working I added the .sucatalog from terminal with defaults write to the software update plist. This worked, the SUS restricted and didn't show the titles I had removed. The address is:

http://server.company.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_production.sucatalog

I also see the plist when I enter this address into the browser, another confirmation.

However when I use this address in the config profile, it fails, saying the server with the specified hostname can not be found. I try adding the :8088 to the address as specified in the casper GUI, and also get no joy. When I try and telnet to 8088 I get a connection error, so seems we have this buttoned down on our end.

Here are my questions:

Does the url HAVE to be pointed at 8088 in the configuration profile? (If so then why does it work without 8088 from the plist?)

My understanding is that the config profile is actually just another Plist/XML file... If true, where is the SUS config plist to be found for double checking?

Thanks

Phil

0 REPLIES 0