Cancelling Upload or indexing process.

The_Tiger
New Contributor III

Annoying not having the ability to cancel uploading or indexing process.
I had to force quit Casper Admin last week while uploading a small package that hang casper admin to respond to anything. After I relaunched the casper admin and tried to upload again it says it has the package and need to replace it I click replace, it doesn't even take a second to replace but is it replacing it???? I don't think so the package still on the share even if i try to remove it from the share it says it is being used by other application and can't delete. Deleted from the Casper Admin won't remove it from the share for some reasons.
I had to rename the package to be able to upload the package again but the old faulty record still on the share.
any suggestion would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The_Tiger
New Contributor III

Thank you PeterClarke,

This issue was resolved once we updated to JSS v9.22.

I didn't have any other sugestion then yours so much appreciated mate, but saw few people having this issue on a different JSS versions.

The issue is still a mystery as it should not happen though. Hopping Jamf will include this ability in future updates.
Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PeterClarke
Contributor II

I could only suggest, Using Casper Admin to mount the volume
and then use terminal to force-delete the item.

Then quit and restart Casper admin, then if the record is still there - in RED - delete it.
Save, then quite and restart Casper Admin again - should be OK now..

What do others suggest doing ?
- Does this seem like a good idea to resolve this issue ?

The_Tiger
New Contributor III

Thank you PeterClarke,

This issue was resolved once we updated to JSS v9.22.

I didn't have any other sugestion then yours so much appreciated mate, but saw few people having this issue on a different JSS versions.

The issue is still a mystery as it should not happen though. Hopping Jamf will include this ability in future updates.
Thanks