multiple device licensing

ronb
New Contributor II

We have several software products that allow for multiple installs per user. And we have a specific group that have both laptops and desktops. I realize the License Software Management in the JSS isn't a full blown licensing manager, but it would be nice if we had a few extra features in there so we could get a total count of "legal" licenses, not just straight installs.

All we would need is a field for amount of licenses per user allowed, and an extra section in the software definitions area to include user names. So that if to licenses were allowed, two counts per username on a device would count for 1 license.

Maybe something to add as a feature request? Just asking around in case I'm missing something, or maybe I'm asking too much?

1 REPLY 1

JenT
New Contributor III

I definitely see this as a flaw as well, as many of our classroom teachers have multiple devices under their Apple ID.

The only solution I have come up with so far is purchasing VPP codes vs. managed distribution for those that have multiple devices. Definitely not as simple, and those apps are then lost if the employee leaves the organization.