Get ready to help 5th and 6th grade students explore STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) careers at Success Beyond the Classroom’s annual STEMLink! As a Team Leader you will work in pairs to guide a group of 24 students for the day. You will escort them to the breakout sessions taught by Normandale Community College faculty and other STEM professionals. Then, stay in the breakout sessions to assist presenters and students with the hands-on activities.
You are guaranteed to learn something new! To sign-up for STEMLink or any of Success Beyond the Classroom’s amazing volunteer opportunities, head to SBC's My Volunteer Page and apply today!
50 Volunteers are needed for each day! So please consider helping out.
Parking: Follow the signs for the North Entrance and park in the North parking lot or ramp. Enter the Partnership Center and follow the signs to the Fireside Conference Room (K1450) for volunteer check-in.
What to Wear & Bring:
• Wear a red shirt. Participants will be told they can ask questions of anyone in red wearing a STEMLink nametag.
• Wear closed toe shoes as some sessions are held in NCC labs and we must follow safety procedures.
• Wear a watch or bring a cell phone. Volunteers are assigned to certain areas at specific times throughout the day and you will need to keep an eye on the time.
• Bring a bag lunch and beverage. Coffee, water, and snacks will be provided.
• Please leave valuables at home. SBC and NCC are not responsible for lost or stolen items.