Company: PSR Associates
Location: Eagan, MN
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. We are currently recruiting for a Sr Systems Engineer for one of our Fortune 500 clients in the Minnesota area.
5+ years experience
4+ years experience with: Windows/AD/Networking integration, must understand basic SQL queries for reporting, JamfPro knowledge required,and 6 years experience with MacOS deployment and support,
Responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support of various platforms (hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools). Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming. Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment. Ensure platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. Duties may include capacity planning, workload modeling, system maintenance/administration, and diagnostics.
• Understand technical/business requirements gathered from the business units.
• Analyze, design, and document platforms/systems to meet enterprise requirements.
• Install, customize, maintain, test, and troubleshoot operating systems and other systems software.
• Configure, install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot hardware systems.
• Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies for enterprise use to consistently drive down total cost of ownership.
• Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
• Perform technical reviews comparing enterprise standard platform components with that of their leading industry competitors.
• Consult with other business units (e.g. application groups, DBAs, middleware, etc.) to configure platforms for product installation.
• Design and document enterprise standards and procedures.
• Ensure platforms/systems conform to established enterprise/industry standards (systems management, security, operating systems, etc.) and reference models.
• Implement changes to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures.
• Monitor, manage, and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
• Provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
• Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
• Plan and implement life cycle management of software and hardware.
• Keep abreast of industry and technology trends.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Entry Requirements:
• Associate’s degree or industry certification in an applicable IT field, in addition to four years applicable experience in the design/administration/support of one or more platforms; or a Bachelor’s degree in an IT field, in addition to two years applicable experience in the design/administration/support of one or more platforms; or five years equivalent in depth experience in the above related areas.
• The ideal candidate will have knowledge of multiple systems (operating/integration/architecture) and programming languages/methodologies. Thorough understanding of server and desk top based technology, utilizing network systems related to enterprise view. Previous airline experience is ideal.
Major Skills and Competencies:
• Communication Skills - The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
• Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
• Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
• Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
• Flexibility - Is open to change, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, anticipates and adjusts to problems and roadblocks, is not thrown off when things change, can flex to future consequences and trends appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
• Self-Development - Is actively committed to continuously improve him/herself, understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches, knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits, works on compensating for weaknesses and limitations, seeks feedback, gains insights from mistakes, is open to criticism without being defensive.
• Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
You can contact me directly at : bhickey@psrassociates or you can apply online at our website: http://psrassociates.com/jobs/?cc=show&id=9733097