Company: Eanes Independent School District
Department: Technology Services
Location: Austin, Texas
Eanes Independent School District is actively seeking applicants for Support Specialist I to provide support for the implementation and management of end user computing systems. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in administrative functions related to desktop and mobile operating systems and applications for multiple computing platforms while being able to provide basic network troubleshooting; demonstrating exceptional customer service to staff, students, and community users of technology.
Click here to apply: EanesISD.net
This position is designed to provide support of technology services for Eanes Independent School District. The Technology Support Specialist I works under the direction of the Technology Services Department to provide support for the implementation and management of end user computing systems. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in administrative functions related to desktop and mobile operating systems and applications for multiple computing platforms while being able to provide basic network troubleshooting; demonstrating exceptional customer service to staff, students, and community users of technology.
- Work closely with other Support Specialists and district staff to deliver exceptional customer service and support.
- Quickly and accurately repair computer systems as assigned by the Computer Coordinator through the HelpDesk work order system.
- Image, deploy, and/or provision computers/tablets in large quantities, which will require lifting and moving computer systems and tablets throughout theworkday.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent of work performed via the HelpDesk work order system.
- Deploy and relocate VoIP phones as needed.
- Install and maintain cabling systems to support network, audio, and video
- Maintain and repair A/V equipment.
- Pursue personal development of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for the
effective performance of the role.
- Maintain confidentiality of district, staff, and student information.
- Maintain professional and consistent regular attendance, punctuality, personal
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- The following mental / physical demands and environmental factors can be expected for this position:
- Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing); load and operate iPads, PC and Mac computers and printers and other office and classroom equipment.
- Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer terminal; moderate lifting, 15-45 pounds. Constant use of technology. Travel to remote locations within the district.
- This position may have voluntary and/or required compensated overtime working hours during evenings and/or weekends.
• High School Diploma and/or GED
• Associates Degree or Technical Certification from accredited institutions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of classroom A/V equipment including projectors, document cameras,
smartboards, and flat panel displays.
1-3 years supporting desktop and mobile operating systems and applications for multiple computing platforms in a customer-facing role or position.
Meeting each student's needs is a primary goal of Eanes ISD. A comprehensive curriculum and a variety of enrichment opportunities are offered to EISD's students. We proudly serves as a 1:1 mobile device district, Grades K-12. IPads have transformed our classrooms into interactive, exciting and engaging places and not only improved learning for the at-risk students, but also challenge the gifted students to a higher level of thinking. Not only are students more engaged when they are collaborating on the tablet computers, but they have a vast amount of apps that can be personalized to instruction. It is also provides an opportunity to teach students how to use technology responsibly and teach them Internet etiquette.
The Eanes community is vitally committed to educational excellence that prepares and inspires all students for life-long success by engaging each student in rigorous academic experiences and enriching opportunities that blends cutting edge technology with student-centered pedagogical practice. Faculty and community support at Eanes has helped to build an amazing team of passionate, talented professionals. Centrally located scenic Texas Hill Country in Travis County, Eanes ISD is perfectly situated to take advantage of everything that Austin offers. Just minutes from downtown or from Lake Austin. Check us out. You will be glad you did.
To apply, click on the link below and apply for the Technology Services Support Specialist I job posting: