Company: Zantech IT
Location: Arlington, VA
Candidate will provide advanced technical and senior engineering level support for the Macintosh Center of Excellence. Will work as part of a collaborative team tasked with building, testing and deploying current and future Apple operating systems (OS X, macOS, iOS) and integrating multiple third-party applications required for securely operating within existing DoD and Federal Government Active Directory based networks.
Clearance: • Requires Secret security clearance or ability to obtain Secret Clearance
• Must possess a high level of maturity; experienced with directly supporting senior-level Executives and DoD customers. Must have above average written and oral communication skills; capable of documenting tasks and requirements. Must be able to work as part of a collaborative team to solve problems and develop solutions quickly and efficiently.
• Must have advanced level of configuration and troubleshooting knowledge for OS X, and should be familiar with installing, configuring, and supporting the following third-party software: HID ActivClient, Centrify, McAfee Security, Citrix, VPN client (Cisco, Pulse, and/or Juniper). • Responsible for creating and modifying AppleScript and Unix Shell scripts (BASH).
• Should have support and configuration knowledge in an enterprise environment of other Macintosh related applications such as Microsoft Office, Firefox, and Adobe products (Acrobat, Photoshop, Creative Cloud). This includes methods of packaging volume-licensed applications for deployment and repackaging non-PKG installers.
• Research solutions utilizing all available resources. • Work with vendors to address issues that require escalation. Work with the vendor to provide testing and feedback for a successful resolution.
• Exposure to, and knowledge of, DoD and Federal Government IT security policies and how to implement DISA STIG requirements. • Knowledge of Windows network based authentication using smartcard (CAC/PIV) accreditation to obtain a domain issued Kerberos ticket. This relies on a good working knowledge and understanding of PKI, trusted certificates, certificate authorities, Keychain configuration, and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) services.
• Configure, test, and implement DISA STIG or CIS Benchmarks requirements in accordance with DoD and Federal Government IT security policies.
• Create and administer Apple operating system installation and application packages using JAMF Casper administration.
• Performs high-level systems evaluation, analysis, design, integration, implementation, and documentation of complex scenarios.
• Directs and participates in all phases of system development.
• Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution.
• Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation.
• Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required.
• May serve as Task Lead.
• Responsible for ensuring quality and services delivered for particular task(s).
• Work with, and communicate effectively with, the team and clients to define business activities, and resolve issues and problems.
• Share information with colleagues, vendors, and Government personnel.
• Demonstrate excellent grammar and spelling in all written communication.
• Speak well and clearly.
• Experience in documentation standards and methods.
• Demonstrates an ability to prioritize, organize, and resolve problems in a fast paced environment.
• JAMF 300 - Certified Casper Administrator (CCA)
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
• Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
• Apple Certified System Administrator (ASCA) – Preferred.
• An Associate’s degree is required
• Two (2) years of additional related experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree. • Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; ability to obtain a Secret clearance is required.
Required Experience and Skills: 3-5 years of experience with complex Apple System administration including:
• Directory Services Integration – (Active Directory, LDAP, etc.).
• OS X Security – (Kerberos, Single Sign On, Security Best Practices, Profile Manager).
Additional areas of expertise highly desired:
• JAMF Casper administration.
• Development within OS X/macOS, iOS, and UNIX Operating Systems.
• Knowledge of Apple mobile platforms and mobile device management; iPhone, iPad and iPhone Touch.
• Developer and programmer experience using Xcode IDE.
Zantech IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply to this position, email your resume to: email@example.com or apply online at <https://www.jobs.net/jobs/zantechit/en-us/job/United-States/Sr-Macintosh-Engineer/J3M1PS7443N3SFYYYJS/>