Maintenance and Development of Print Media Systems – 40%
- Production Channel Steward to gather software requirements and ensure computers can be deployed efficiently through deployment and imaging tools.
- Perform maintenance on workstations on all hardware and software to increase system stability.
- Ensure production workstations are compliant with network and security standards as set forth by Church policy.
- Participate in extensive evaluations and pilots on prospective products, comparing fit and function to the needs and goals of PSD.
- Assist finance with receiving, tracking and disposal of equipment and production workstations during its life cycle.
- Manage cycle of existing hardware and production workstations in partnership with operations.
- Evaluate software for effectiveness and compatibility with deployed production systems.
- Develop/document Media workstation policies for PSD.
Troubleshoot and Fix Print Media System Issues – 50%
- Responsible for production workstation failures that impact live events, high and low-profile projects, operational teams or individual user outages.
- Coordinate support with the PSD Media Systems Support team.
- Work with Support team to test vendor suggested solutions to resolve support tickets.
- Deploy operating systems and software deployment automation or by hand on current and new production workstations.
- Manage access to PSD storage systems and security groups.
- Provide testing and feedback on outstanding backlog issues that are being developed or implemented by Media Systems Engineers.
Develop Operational Talent – 10%
- Build capability of Global Operations staff, through training onsystems.
- Create ServiceNow knowledge base articles.
- Participate in Community of Practice groups to discuss current problems and discuss new technologies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the latest technical developments, trends, and media operations practices.
- BA/BS Degree Required
- 8 to 10 yrs of experience
More experience may substitute for education
7+ years’ experience with a broadcast, news, print, technology or other media related company.
- 5+ years’ experience managing large quantities of computers through automation or by hand.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Proficient in Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Proven experience with UNIX systems and shell scripting.
- Technical support experience with Adobe applications such as InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, & Illustrator.
- Background in programming; more than the ability to search/copy/paste code from Google.
- Proven ability to work with clients that may not have strong technical abilities.
- Proven experience troubleshooting computers in high pressure and/or tight deadline situations.
- Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive Church data confidential.
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership to Media System Technicians.
- Ability to communicate problems and limitations to customers in a diplomatic manner.
The purpose of this position is to spread the message of the restored Church of Jesus Christ around the world. This is accomplished in part through the creation of engaging, unified messaging with greater reach and efficiency. Church messages are delivered via television, film, web, print, mobile, social media, and other delivery channels in multiple languages. We always seek new, improved, and more innovative ways to bring the world unto Christ.
The PSD charter states, “Create a publishing systems strategy and manage all publishing-related systems and content production tools of the Church, as approved by the Presiding Bishopric.” The Print Systems Engineer fulfills this role by implementing, enhancing and supporting all the publishing and content production systems.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
How to Apply
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Visit http://careers.lds.org and reference Job # 204973