Company: University of Colorado Boulder
Department: Office of Information Technology
Location: Beautiful Boulder, Colorado
CU Boulder’s Office of Information Technology is now accepting applications for an exciting opportunity as an Apple Lab Administrator to play a lead role in determining the best practices and procedures for deploying and managing Apple lab devices. This position will be responsible for drastically improving our service offerings by building base loadsets and will manage the student administrative workforce in building and troubleshooting department software loadsets. In addition, the Administrator provides escalated support for all Apple labs and requires experience with MacOS and iOS management tools such as Jamf Pro (formerly Casper), DeployStudio, and Active Directory. The Apple Lab Administrator role will involve being part of a team that will re-envision how our labs are currently being managed as well as the evolution of our service.
What your key responsibilities will be: MacOS/iOS Client Management
• Serves as a technical lead for management and deployment of software to MacOS/iOS clients in campus computer lab environments. • Designs and implements technologies and processes that provide software to clients, leveraging sound management practices. • Determines manageability requirements based upon operating system specifications and evaluate its benefit to the work unit and end users using current industry directions, staffing and support requirements, and technical merit. • Determines the technical direction the work unit will take in future deployments of MacOS/iOS software, taking into account industry directions and the needs of the end-user.
MacOS/iOS Deployment and Design
• Serves as a technical lead for processes related to deployment of MacOS/iOS clients and day-to-day management of MacOS/iOS lab environments. • Designs and configures of the MacOS operating system that support multi-user environments as well as the policies that govern the end-user experience. • Designs and manages the unit's Active Directory organizational unit to be used for authentication purposes on managed MacOS devices. Leverage imaging and management solutions (ie Jamf Pro and DeployStudio). • Creates and deploys software packages and policies with Jamf Pro tools. • Determines the technical direction for future MacOS/iOS deployments, taking into account industry directions and the needs of the end-user.
Management of Student Lab Administrators
• Supervises an average of 5-6 student hourly employees who are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the managed Apple computer labs. • Delegates lab administration duties based on the proficiency of the students and the difficulty of the specific lab environment. • Develops and leads training of MacOS and iOS skills that the students are expected to leverage and build upon throughout their employment in the unit. • Designs and implements documentation and coverage policies that allow for consistent and redundant administration across all managed labs. • Ensures that the LST Labs Apple team is fully staffed with qualified student employees through interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, discipline, counseling, and termination.
What we require:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. o A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis
• 3 years of experience which includes the following: o Deployment of MacOS devices in an enterprise environment
o Integration of Mac client operating systems with Active Directory
o Working with Mac client management tools, specifically JAMF Pro (Casper) management suite, DeployStudio, NetSUS, and Apple Remote Desktop
What we’d like you to have:
• Development using scripting languages like Bash, Python, and Perl
• Experience with Apple’s VPP and DEP
• Deployment of iOS devices in an enterprise environment
• ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
• JAMF Pro Certifications, specifically CCA (Certified Casper Administrator)
To apply, please go to: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=13038&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.WzUeWi4aXuc.mailto