Company: Denison University
Location: Granville, OH
Lead development and administration of endpoint/desktop management tools and provide tier 3 technical support for an environment of approximately 1400 computers, equally distributed between PC & Mac. Administer/support other related technologies in an evolving digital workplace.
Serve as the lead administrator for PC, Mac, and Chromebook client management tools, including scripting, policy management, and package building
Provide tier 3 support to endpoints (employees, labs, and e-classrooms), in coordination with a team of helpdesk and desktop support specialists
Serve as the lead administrator for evolving application streaming and/or DaaS efforts
Drive efforts to improve endpoint/workspace administration efficiencies through technologies such as unified endpoint management (UEM) and application streaming
Lead administration of systems involved in the client support ecosystem, including software update servers and endpoint patching, endpoint disk encryption, imaging/provisioning environment, and DEP/VPP in coordination with desktop support specialists
Administer other endpoint-facing services, such as endpoint protection, print management, and Chrome device and browser management in coordination with infrastructure systems administrators
Collaborate with desktop support staff and instructional technologists for effective knowledge transfer and client endpoint support
Assist with annual computer model selections and assure an effective annual computer replacement process/workflow
Support campus staff on the effective use of existing and innovative digital workplace technologies in coordination with desktop support specialists and instructional technologists
Stay up to date on technological changes related to job function and potential areas for process improvement
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a field related to this role (an associate’s degree and significant relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of bachelor’s degree)
• At least two years of experience as a desktop support specialist or equivalent in a medium to large scale environment (500+ endpoints)
• At least two years of experience administering systems that support endpoint computing (client management, servers, print management, etc.)
• Proven track record of success in both desktop support and systems administration
• In-depth expertise using at least one client management tool (SCCM, Kace, Zenworks, JAMF, etc.)
• Experience administering/deploying most technologies related to this role (GPO, Office 2016, Adobe Creative Cloud, endpoint security)
• Strong knowledge of Windows (10 and Server), Mac OS, TCP/IP, and networking
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Excellent hardware/software problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience with ticketing and asset management platforms
• Detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate ideas and challenge decisions in a professional and courteous manner
• Interest in learning, problem-solving, sharing information, and advancing technologies
Denison University is a selective, four-year, private, residential liberal arts college. It is located in Granville, Ohio, a college community just 27 miles east of Columbus, the state capital. Denison has more than 48 majors, concentrations and programs of study.
Denison’s campus is beautiful and exceptionally well-suited for its academic mission. It features a mixture of historic and contemporary buildings, and state-of-the-art science facilities. Spanning 1,000 acres, the campus includes a 350-acre biological reserve. All buildings, academic, residential and athletic, are within walking distance of each other, which helps build a sense of community.
Denison University is an academically rigorous liberal arts college with an increasingly diverse campus community. It offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Denison, located in the village of Granville, 30 minutes from Columbus, Ohio, the state capital, which hosts a wide range of cultural and artistic opportunities. Granville also offers an excellent public school system and easy access to outdoor activities.
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to foster a diverse campus community, which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our Diversity Guide. Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.