Company: University of Massachusetts Medical School
Department: School - IT-Customer Service - W875038
Location: Worcester, MA
UMass Medical School is looking for a highly skilled Jamf administrator to manage our large Apple environment, including Mac & iOS devices. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years troubleshooting and administration experience in this area and an understanding of Linux & SCCM.
The Enterprise Client Solution Engineer is a critical role in UMASS Medical School’s efforts to build a world class IT support organization. We are seeking an innovative and critical thinker who thrives in an environment where their ideas and actions have an immediate and positive impact. You will be joining our talented IT Productivity Services Team, helping to align efficient and customer focused solutions with cutting edge technology tools. You will work closely with key stakeholders in Information Technology and in the many school divisions, leading the effort to support the current use, and design the future use, of existing technology. Additionally, you will discover, then implement new technologies that will have a meaningful impact on the Medical School’s initiatives. The Enterprise Client Solution Engineer position is a wonderful opportunity for the right individual who wants to make a real difference within a Medical School that makes a difference in the lives of so many.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 4 years of experience working in Information Technology in a support role (Desktop Support or System Administration) or equivalent experience setting up, supporting and maintaining information technology systems for an enterprise organization. This includes experience in process automation, systems management, customized script writing (VB, VBScript, PowerShell, Batch, etc.), training technical and non-technical staff and customers on the use of information technology equipment, documenting standard, consistent support procedures and training technical staff on them, effectively interfacing with all levels of management, building and testing of enterprise software deployment packages using open source tools, PC/Mac image building experience to include OS upgrades, Microsoft or Apple Certification (MCDST, MCSE, MCSA, SCCM, ACMT, etc.), SCCM and/or Casper administration and MS Office proficiency.
- Outgoing, friendly and positive approach to customer service
- Superior verbal, interpersonal and written communication
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Senior level Jamf Software (Casper) Administration
- Experience in one or more of these industries; Healthcare, Higher Ed, Finance, Insurance, Corporate, Research, BioTech
- Software packaging using commercially available tools such as Flexera Admin Studio or open source tools for Mac packaging
- McAfee Antivirus/Endpoint Management administration
- iOS device management
- Active Directory administration relative to user/workstation management (GPO, Profiles, Login Scripts, etc.)
The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS), the state’s first and only public academic health sciences center, focuses on enhancing the health and well-being of the people of the commonwealth and the world through pioneering innovations in education, research and health care delivery. UMMS is one of the fastest-growing research institutions in the country! We educate physicians, scientists and advanced practice nurses to heal, discover, teach and care, with compassion. UMMS is a world-class institution that is consistently ranked as one of the leading medical schools in the nation for primary care education by U.S. News & World Report. The institution ranks near the top among public medical schools in the Northeast in the amount of funding awarded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Commonwealth Medicine and MassBiologics are business units of UMMS that help us provide services and programs to meet the needs of the public.
Commonwealth Medicine (CWM) is the health care consulting arm of University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS). CWM provides a wide range of care management and consulting services to government agencies, nonprofits, and health care organizations, helping them meet today’s health care challenge. CWM is dedicated to improving health care for people in need – while also controlling costs and maximizing revenue for our clients and performing cutting edge research that impacts health policy.
MassBiologics (MBL) is a business unit of University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) and the only non-profit, FDA-licensed manufacturer of vaccines in the United States. MBL discovers and develops products that significantly improve public health and create medicine for better lives around the world. MBL improves public health through applied research, development and production of biologic products, including vaccines, plasma derivatives and monoclonal antibodies.
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School in the top 10 percent nationwide in primary care, and this opportunity gives the right candidate the chance to be part of an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country. As a member of our Information Technology Department, you will join a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement. At UMass Medical School IT we recognize and reward independent thought and innovative ideas. We have fostered an environment where the team dynamic is embraced and collaboration and FUN are core components of our culture!
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMS recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Apply online at https://www.ummsjobs.com/job/3582/