Company: Turner Techtronics
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Desktop Systems Engineer Specializing in Mac Management:
The position of Desktop Systems Engineer specializing in Mac Management is responsible for implementing and supporting the systems and technologies that comprise the client’s end user computing environment. This position will implement and manage the technology infrastructure that supports both traditional and virtual desktop computing environments as well as provide tier 3 support for technical problems. This position is also responsible for design and implement scalable systems, processes, and practices for managing Mac computer systems. This includes full life cycle management of devices, operating system, and application software.
• Evaluate changes in hardware or software environments to determine appropriate strategies for deploying, patching, and configuring devices.
• Ensure managed devices comply with good security practices and relevant policies. Install, configure, and manage enterprise computer management systems, including but not limited to JAMF.
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of JAMF Pro and client workstations; possess intermediate understanding of the JAMF Pro infrastructure including boundaries, site server roles, and parent/child relationships in order to troubleshoot JAMF Pro related issues.
• Build installer packages, application updates and operating system updates. Advertise and manage packages and collections in the JAMF Pro environment. Familiar with installation packaging techniques.
• Document procedures and establish operational guidelines for device support technicians; serve as a subject matter expert for escalated technical issues or complex use cases.
• Manage the workstation configuration of Microsoft Active Directory and Preferences. Intermediate skills in scripting languages (such as VBS, PowerShell, AppleScript and etc..)
• Lead the design and implementation of small projects or infrastructure enhancements. Define scope, coordinate resources, plan work, and ultimately be accountable for project outcomes. Communicate and coordinate changes to end users using a variety of audience appropriate techniques.
• Provide active management and maintenance of the management platform (ie: Jamf Pro)
• Develop automation scripting (Bash, Python, AppleScript) for IT administrative tasks
• Automate end user support activities to include packaging of software
• Provide monthly asset reporting using Recon/SCCM plug in
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field. A minimum of three years of work related experience. An equivalent combination of education/experience may also be considered.
• Demonstrated experience managing Mac devices in a large, diverse technology environment.
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills. Experience working independently with varied tasks.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently in problem solving, deployment, and root cause analysis capacities
• JAMF 300, JAMF 400, or Certified Casper Administrator (CCA) or equivalent certification
• Proficiency with Office 365 platform, including OneDrive for Business
Please copy and paste link to your browser
or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamf wants to hear your general feedback around Configuration Profiles!