Location: San Diego
Interlaced is the most operationally mature Apple-focused managed services provider in the nation, providing outsourced IT services for businesses that use Apple technology. We specialize in designing, implementing, and supporting cutting edge technology infrastructures. Our clients utilize the most reliable and proven technologies on the market. Not only do we understand our client's business but we partner with them to make strategic investments in technology. We operate in San Francisco, San Diego, and LA - with plans for growth in 2019!
Visit our website at www.interlaced.io/hiring to learn more!
Interlaced is looking to hire a full-time Service Desk Engineer in our San Diego office. This position requires a high level of technical knowledge and expertise working with Apple Technology environments as well as with various cloud infrastructure components.
The candidate we are looking for has an advanced technical skill-set, and stays up to date with cutting edge technology. The ability to quickly incorporate new techniques and processes is a must. The candidate must be personable and have the ability to interact with each level of the client's business, from the receptionist to the CEO. The ability to simplify complex technical solutions and convey them to end users is a requisite.
Duties include performing remote sessions, assisting end users via chat, phone and email. This position is between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Proven problem solver with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and make quick decisions
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into common language
- Stays informed about cutting-edge technology
- Excellent critical thinking skills; using logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Excellent organization, planning, judgment, and time management skills
- Desire to be a Team Player, and work with others to achieve common goals
- Monitor and manage enrolled devices to ensure they are optimized for performance and software is up-to-date, network resources are fully leveraged, and backup strategies are in place and functioning.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system issues.
- Respond to requests to assist in critical problem resolution.
- Utilize ticketing system to track defects and requested enhancements.
- Document and convey, to client and Interlaced Team members, emerging issues based on knowledge of client's IT environment, so that future technical obstacles can be anticipated and avoided.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
-2+ years of work-related experience supporting Apple and Microsoft operating system environments, and SaaS solutions
- Mac OS X / iOS / Windows OS / Server / Hosted Environments
- Strong OS X experience desired• Command line knowledge highly recommended
- Microsoft Windows experience, preferably Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience in Hosted Solutions is preferred (Gsuite, Box, Office 365 etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Server infrastructure, Linux, Enterprise storage, and various backup solutions
- Strong understanding and experience with TCP/IP Protocols, IP addressing, DNS and IP network design is a plus
- Experience with routers, switches, and other LAN/WAN Equipment
- Experience with Cisco, Cisco Meraki solutions
Apply on our website at www.interlaced.io/hiring or reach out to email@example.com and attach your resume!