Responsible for supporting the technology needs of students, faculty and staff throughout the University. Investigates and resolves problems with online accounts, software, hardware, printers and mobile computing devices. Also provides technology training and consults with users to discover ways they can use technology to improve their workflow or education. Maintain positive relationships with administrative and academic departments, as well as student cohorts, on the Hillsboro campus and be able to articulate, train and report on the particular technology uses and needs of these groups.
- Provide assistance and training to student workers, so that they can solve common problems and provide better first-level support.
- Act as second-level support, providing support to students, faculty, staff (and, to a lesser degree, prospective students, alumni and people peripherally involved with the university), resolving technology issues that could not be resolved by student workers.
- Provide support via e-mail, telephone and in person.
- Migrate data and upgrade faculty and staff users to new computer hardware and software.
- Do repair/maintenance of software and operating systems, completely wiping and reloading machines when necessary.
- Create and deploy standard software images to university owned computers.
- Do basic hardware repairs to equipment and work with third parties to accomplish difficult hardware repairs.
- Oversee routine maintenance on Pacific University owned computers and printers.
- Manage the software environment in UIS managed and supported computer labs and open computing areas, keeping them up to date with the needs of instructors and students.
Investigate and design, and help implement, technology solutions to the educational or business process needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Alert UIS management to potential safety or security risks created by customers’ use of technology.
- Work with staff in Technology Operations, Enterprise Data Systems, Healthcare Clinic Information Technologies, Technology Helpdesk, and with UIS liaisons to make sure customer problems are resolved completely.
- Maintain and update UIS’ database of university owned technology.
- Consult with departments on the purchase of technology.
The following are strongly desired:
- 3+ years experience in a helpdesk position requiring independent decision making, preferably in an educational setting.
- 1+ years experience supporting Apple computers.
- 1+ years experience using or managing client management or mobile device management system(s).
- Proven ability to learn new systems with minimal aid.
Founded in 1849, Pacific University is a diverse learning community offering a unique combination of nationally recognized undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in the arts and sciences, education, business, optometry and the health professions.
How to Apply
Apply at https://www.pacificu.edu/jobs