Company: THAYER ACADEMY
Location: Braintree, MA 02184
The Apple Systems Administrator manages, supports, maintain and develops school wide macOS and iOS system program deployments. Coordinates and integrates the use of macOS & iOS devices with other applications such as; JAMF Pro server, G-Suite, Lightspeed, Adobe, PrinterCloud, DyKnow, DiLL, Watchman, Apple Remote Desktop, AWS and others as needed. The administrator will provide direct device support to students, faculty and staff. This is a salaried full-time position. Reports to the Director of Technology.
• Ensure stable Apple IT infrastructure and architecture for 1 to 1 student laptop program, apple devices and all associated applications.
• Provides installation and full tier support of all Apple systems for students, faculty & staff. • Regularly apply hardware, software, application and management tool upgrades/patches to assure performance, stability and security.
• Provide input and recommendations for the acquisition, deployment, adoption, usage, operations, maintenance and management of Apple hardware and software tools.
• Automate and manage routine backups of above mentioned systems, monitor for errors and take action accordingly.
• Research, package, and resolve to support requests based on 100 + software packages.
• Develop, revise and maintain shell scripts in support of our masOS environment.
• Collaborates with technology team on policies, and procedures. • Responsible for acquiring, maintaining and expanding knowledge of relevant products.
• Participates in an annual Mac Admin conference.
• Participates in weekly IT meetings. • Provides support for Makerspace software and hardware for 3D printing, laser cutters, CNC.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Management Information System, or similar.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in administering, deploying, managing and supporting macOS, iOS platforms.
• Certifications in JAMF 300+, and/or Mac certified support professional.
• Proficiency with Apple IT ecosystems, including Apple School Manager/Apple Business Manager (DEP, VPP). • Experience with shell scripting.
• Experience with administrating (SaaS) including but not limited to, JAMF, G-Suite, Watchman, Lightspeed, Adobe, DiLL, PrinterCloud and DyKnow.
• Experience with Enterprise-grade network management & security.
• Uphold confidentiality with regard to school records and other sensitive information.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and team customer support and collaboration skills.
• Robust troubleshooting and debugging skills.
• Detail-oriented management of multiple projects and day to day tasks.
Leading by example in the classrooms and laboratories, on the playing fields, theater stages, dance floors, art studios, or behind the scenes, Thayer Academy's faculty and staff members continue the tradition of excellence, achievement, and inspiration that has characterized our school since its founding in 1877.
More information visit https://www.thayer.org
• Ability to lift/move 10 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 30 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision.
• Regularly required to stand: walk: sit and reach with hands and arms.
Interested parties send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Theresa Jay, Director of Technology.
Jamf wants to hear your feedback around Jamf Pro Navigation and Office365 settings configuration.