Company: Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Location: Boston, MA
The Technical Services Manager oversees the lifecycle of the College’s administrative and instructional computing endpoints, including Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals. The lifecycle encompasses the specification, deployment, configuration, management, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and decommissioning of endpoint hardware and software. The TSM is also the application administrator and subject matter expert for all deployment and endpoint management tools.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services (DCS), the Technical Services Manager (TSM) serves as a member of the Client Services team, which provides customer and technical support to the MassArt community.
The TSM oversees the lifecycle of the College’s administrative and instructional computing endpoints, including Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals. The lifecycle encompasses the specification, deployment, configuration, management, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and decommissioning of endpoint hardware and software. The TSM is also the application administrator and subject matter expert for all deployment and endpoint management tools.
The TSM ensures that processes and procedures for endpoint support services align with administrative and instructional requirements, institutional policies, regulatory compliance, and best practices and standards.
The TSM manages the team responsible for delivering these services. The team strives to optimize and improve the user experience through simplification, standardization and automation. The ideal candidate will possess the right managerial, technical, and communication skills to fulfill this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technology support for the MassArt community, ensuring professional and consistent customer service at all times.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to identify and document administrative and academic computing needs and requirements.
• Research, develop, implement and support enterprise-wide tools, systems, services, processes, procedures, and other solutions as required to deploy and support Windows, iOS, Mac OS X systems, software, configurations, and peripherals.
• Integrates devices, management and deployment tools with existing infrastructure and services.
• Manages the deployment and support of Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals.
• Manages the deployment of updates, patches, configuration profiles, upgrades, or changes to hardware, operating systems, or application software in a timely manner in consultation with campus constituents.
• Serves as the final resource for escalated software deployment requests.
• Implements and maintains information security configurations, tools and systems.
• Serves as the application administrator for device management and deployment tools.
• Ensures configurations, including disk images, deployment manifests, shell scripts, packages, installers, etc., are maintained and up-to-date, and can be scoped or deployed remotely, quickly and efficiently.
• Train other staff on device management and deployment tools, practices, policies and procedures.
• Assists with projects, initiatives and tasks at the direction of supervisor(s).
• Serves as a CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) Technical Representative to provide MassArt Public Safety with pertinent and timely information.
• Ensures that all necessary and relevant information is properly documented in department information systems, including service desk software and wiki.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Two (2) years’ experience as a manager.
• Three (3) years’ experience deploying, configuring, updating and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh hardware and software in a mixed computing environment, in a corporate, educational, or non-profit setting.
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale deployments of hardware and software, utilizing enterprise-level endpoint management tools.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Combination of academic and practical experience, and interpersonal skills, required to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position in a professional manner.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize information effectively, work individually as well as a member of a team, adapt to a changing work environment, and demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills.
• Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
• Sufficient mobility to perform duties in small spaces involving crouching, stooping, kneeling and physical ability to perform tasks requiring physical strength to lift 30-45 lbs.
• Master’s, Bachelor’s, or associate degree related to information technology
• Prior experience in non-profit, higher education or a cultural institution.
• Familiarity with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) concepts and practices
• Demonstrated knowledge of change control frameworks, quality assurance practices, project management frameworks, and quality assurance methodologies.
• Prior experience integrating Windows and Apple endpoints into a Windows Active Directory computing environment. • Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Active Directory administration and Group Policy.
• Prior experience with Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP), DeployStudio, MCX, Apple iOS and MacOS configuration profiles, Apple Configurator, System Image Utility, disk images, NetBoot, NetInstall, NetRestore, Mac OS X Server, Bombich Tools (Carbon Copy Cloner), Apple Open Directory, LDAP directory services, Active Directory, Puppet, Munki, Unix/Linux systems/CLI/shell scripts, Windows Group Policy, and scripting languages such as CMD, VBScript, batch, Windows Powershell, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Python, AppleScript, etc. • Prior experience with Windows endpoint management and deployment platforms (e.g., System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Deployment Services, KACE, etc.)
• Prior experience with enterprise encryption products, anti-virus and anti-malware products.
• Prior experience with business productivity applications (e.g. Google Docs, Microsoft Office) and digital media, art and design applications (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud software, Apple Pro applications, Autodesk, etc.)
• Relevant professional certifications: Microsoft: MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA/Other: Network+, A+, CSA+, CISSP; Apple: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC), Apple Xsan 2 Administrator, Apple Certified Media Administrator (ACMA), Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA); JAMF Certifications: CCT, CCA, CCE, Jamf 100, Jamf 200, Jamf 300, Jamf 400; ITSM Framework such as ITIL Foundations Certification or COBIT Foundation;
• Prior experience with service desk software and wikis, preferably Atlassian Jira Service Desk and Atlassian Confluence.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is a public, independent college of art and design. The college's academic and co-curricular programs prepare students from diverse backgrounds to participate in the creative economy as artists, designers, and educators, and to engage in the well-being of their society. As a national leader in visual art and design education, the college influences contemporary culture through the creative accomplishments of its students, alumni, faculty and staff. More here:
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL RESUMES/COVERS. Applicants must fill out a complete application at the link above to be considered for the position.