Company: Foundation Technologies
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Turning screws is one thing. At Foundation, we take it more seriously than that. This role is a diverse mix of repair of Apple devices, as well as supporting end users. We're here to help them create and build; and without their tools, that's hard to do.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct repairs on macOS devices, and swap iPads
• A blend of working independently, while also being a part of our larger team is a must
• Build upon and enhance the repair paperwork process
• Juggle many clients and tasks without fear
• Clear, concise and precise communication is an absolute must
• Part of this role will be assisting clients with help-desk type issues, both onsite and remote
• Help folks Get Back to Work
• 2-4 years of direct customer support in a technical role
• Apple Technical Certifications are required, we're an AASP after all
• Knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems, as well as common software packages that our clients use
• Comfort visiting clients onsite
• Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management of iOS and Android devices
• A desire to inspire the creative work of others
• A love for pure chaos
While performing the responsibilities of the Depot Technician’s job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Depot Tech will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Depot Tech’s job. This job is located at our headquarters, but it is expected that you can navigate the streets of Minneapolis/St. Paul within legal guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional 80’s music and sports trivia.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Depot Tech. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Depot Tech’s job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and occasionally to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Understanding Pantone is one thing, but seeing color is not a necessity. On occasion, you'll need to operate and open our freight elevator, and therefore be able to lift 50lbs when duty requires.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.