Company: Okta, Inc.
Location: Remote | San Jose, California, United States | San Francisco, California, United States
Okta’s Messaging and Collaboration Sr. Engineer performs a critical role in defining and maintaining the email and collaboration platforms. This role within the IT Engineering department offers the opportunity to be part of the evolution of end user messaging, collaboration and productivity technology across the company. It will research, re-design and build of detailed solutions/repeatable patterns (runbooks) for internal IT and end users; transitioning knowledge to IT Service Desk and provide 3rd level support when needed due to escalations and advance troubleshooting is required.
The ideal candidate is an expert messaging, collaboration and productivity product engineer who has proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a standard delivery and operations model. The focus of this role is collaboration and productivity services: Office 365, G-Suite, Mimecast, Slack, and SendGrid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer guidance to correctly lead and manage all aspects of the messaging environment
- Troubleshoot mail send and receive connectors
- Manage accepted domains and default address policies (SPF, DKIM and DNS)
- Support users and the Service desk with issues related to connectivity to the messaging systems, that includes escalated support for client issues, message tracking, and message relays
- Manage e-mail aliases for the organization
- Review and maintain scheduled tasks related to Office 365 and Mimecast
- Provide and follow best practices for messaging architecture
- Must be able to plan and document changes in the environment
- Manage the overall security of the messaging environment
- Must be familiar with documenting, enabling and supporting the use of email encryption
- Release emails blocked due to RTF rule or false positive spam score
- Use message trace to monitor email delivery and threats
- Create and manage encryption rules
- Configure and manage DKIM services
- Support and maintain e-discovery and content search
- Manage permissions for all Office 365 related resources
- Review global outages and communication issues to IT leadership
- Run Analytic reports as needed for messaging products for IT and Security leadership
- Experience in defining/generating reports and metrics.
- Must have the ability to work closely with other Vendors and IT on issues
- Must be able to work with vendors to introduce new collaborative and innovative features to the messaging environment
- Submit Change Management items to CAB as needed
- Ability to create scripts to invoke changes and gather data
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience desired
- We will consider candidates with relevant IT industry certifications (Okta, ITIL, MCSA, MCITP, or MCTS).
- Strong knowledge of Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DKIM records
- Basic knowledge of scripting (PowerShell, Bash, and Python)
- Knowledge of using REST APIs
- Will be required to be accessible 24x7 in case of emergency
- Strong written and oral communications skills, specifically technical documentation.
Okta, Inc., incorporated on March 12, 2010, is an independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Company's Okta Identity Cloud platform provides identity management solutions that enable customers to secure their users and connect them to technology and applications.
How to Apply