Company: Arapahoe Community College
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Two positions are available - one on the Littleton Campus and one on the Sturm Collaboration Campus at Castle Rock.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 4:00 PM MT
The IT Desktop Analyst provides elevated technical support and troubleshooting to the faculty, staff, and students of Arapahoe Community College. This includes advanced troubleshooting, help desk tools, research assistance, and hardware and software maintenance. The IT Desktop Analyst also supports customer-facing enterprise-level software such as Office 365, virtual desktop infrastructures, device management systems, distance learning and classroom technology, and other software implementations.
The IT Desktop Analyst will have a strong understanding of hardware support and troubleshooting, including local and cloud-based, customer-facing, and back office software.
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
• Occasionally moves, positions, and transports computers and peripheral hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. around ACC campuses.
• Occasionally moves around campus. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
• The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
• Associate’s degree, or higher, in Computer Information Systems or a related IT field from an accredited institution.
• Three (3) years’ work experience in an IT Desktop Support or equivalent technician role
• Experience working within Mobile Device Management (MDM) software to manage,
update, and control Apple devices.
• Experience with at least one of the following: Office365 support and implementation, VDI
or VM environments, distance learning and classroom technologies, device management,
and/or other enterprise-level registration and retail solutions.
• Must have valid Colorado driver’s license for travel between ACC campuses.
• Direct experience working in the higher education industry
• Experience with training and knowledge transfer on software usage and technical
concepts to non-technical end users in a variety of settings.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications (IF APPLICABLE), and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application, visit our Careers website.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
• ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Williams, Director of Human Resources, at (303) 797-5715
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime
Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Annual Security Report
Arapahoe Community College
. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.
Jamf would like feedback on User Enrollment and General Settings within your Pro instance!