Company: Hopkins Public Schools
Department: Educational Technology, Media, and Information Services
Location: Hopkins, MN
This position is designed to provide support of educational technology services for Hopkins Public Schools. The Technology Support Specialist works in collaboration with District Technology and Information Services and under the direction of the Technical Services Manager to provide support for the implementation and management of end user computing systems. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in administrative functions related to desktop and mobile operating systems and applications for multiple computing platforms, basic/intermediate server experience, and basic/intermediate network troubleshooting while demonstrating exceptional customer service to staff, student, and community users of technology.
Serve as primary support contact for educational technology.
- Maintain and support mobile/desktop operating systems
- Install, maintain, and support district software and district standards
- Support printing systems
- Provide training and support for educational technology as necessary
- Monitor network and collaborate with district Technology Support Administrators regarding general network health
- Support district assessment technology requirements
- Maintain excellent communication and coordination with media & technology team
- Play a critical role throughout the problem management lifecycle. Includes identification, testing, and documentation, in coordination with Technology Support Administrators.
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience in the use and support of multiple technologies in an educational setting along with an interest and ability to learn more of the same.
- Completed Associates Degree or vocational trade school with advanced training.
Hopkins Public Schools is an award-winning school district with a long tradition of excellence at every school, for every student, every day. We serve the city of Hopkins, most of Minnetonka, about half of Golden Valley, and portions of Eden Prairie, Edina, Plymouth, and St. Louis Park. We enjoy a richly-diverse kindergarten through 12th-grade population of about 6,820 students in 2016-17. We have a thriving student body where 46 different language groups are represented.
Apply online at the above address.