The Application Architect is responsible for the definition and successful implementation of the high-level architecture for Jamf Pro. The Application Architect works closely with key stakeholders, the Tech Council, Product Management, and engineering teams at large to meet strategic technical objectives that translate into value for our customers and for Jamf.
Location: Eau Claire, WI or Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Required)
Manager: Director, Software Engineering
- As an application architect at Jamf you will help lead the technical vision and direction of our product architecture through designing a best-practice, innovative architecture to keep Jamf products in an industry leadership position well into the future.
- You will do this through the creation, ownership and championing of our technical roadmap.
- Daily you will work with our development teams, Technical Council, and Product Management to drive, advise and learn how we can best implement the desired architecture while simultaneously continuing to add features for our customers.
- You will represent the technical community to the organization to successfully demonstrate Return on Investment derived from our evolving architecture.
- You will also work with the development teams to ensure and evidence that the designs of the system are in our customer’s and Jamf's best interest.
- As a cloud first organization, you will ensure that our products are highly performant in the Jamf Cloud, while also ensuring that our on-prem customers are not being left behind.
- You will also serve as a leader in keeping Jamf at the forefront of technology that can help our customers succeed with Apple. You’ll do this by personally staying at the forefront of new technology and helping the organization to do likewise as part of our overall value of relentless self-improvement.
- As an engineering leader you will contribute to an environment where all job responsibilities are in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization. You will demonstrate the highest moral, ethical and legal standards.
- Minimum 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Required)
- 8+ Years experience developing enterprise grade software with understanding of testing and quality assurance processes
- 5+ Years experience in web application design and implementation
- General Experience with Java EE, application containers (Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss) and SQL
- General knowledge of Apple products and eco-systems
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Agile practitioner experienced in Scrum or Kanban