We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Corporate Counsel to become a member of the global legal team at Jamf. Given the company’s strong trend of growth, and anticipated continued expansion plans, we are in need of a strong, commercially-minded lawyer who can provide transactional and negotiation support principally to Jamf’s sales and channel teams.
This position will support Jamf’s business growth in the enterprise. As we implement a new contract management system, you will also participate in establishing best practices and optimizing the contract process. This position will principally be dedicated to negotiating contracts with Jamf’s clients, business partners, and vendors but may also provide legal counsel and guidance on a broad range of issues. The position will be based out of Jamf’s offices in downtown Minneapolis.
- Supporting Jamf’s US sales and partner organizations in structuring commercial transactions and drafting and negotiating various standard and non-standard contracts and related documents in support of business needs and initiatives. Representative agreement types are as follows: Software licensing agreements (including SaaS/hosted) and related Information Security schedules; SOW’s, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Data Protection agreements, vendor agreements, distribution, resale, and other channel agreements.
- Assist in optimizing contract templates and developing training materials on relevant topics such as the contracting process and legal issues that arise in the sales and contracting processes.
- Assist in establishing best practices and optimizing the contract process through the use of technology.
- Advising management of legal, compliance, and risk management issues related to existing and contemplated commercial transactions and initiatives.
- Monitoring legal, legislative and regulatory trends applicable to the business and coordinating with and training the business as needed.
- Working with the business product team on the development of new products and services and advising on risk, compliance and legal issues associated with new products and services.
- Together with the Company’s compliance team, enhancing compliance processes and programs to ensure compliance with internal policies, applicable law, and regulations, as well as client expectations and commercial commitments.
- Supervising and coordinating work of local external counsel as needed.
- Assisting with other legal and compliance projects as directed by Jamf’s General Counsel
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Active license to practice law in Minnesota required.
- 5+ years of legal experience in a high-growth technology company with an emphasis on Cloud/SaaS software preferred.
- Prior in-house experience required.
- A corporate generalist with a demonstrated history of success in the technology sector with experience in the following at a minimum: commercial contracts negotiation, intellectual property, strategic partnerships, and other complex transactions.
- Understanding of business challenges and demonstrated ability in developing sensible and commercially reasonable compromise positions; a demonstrated capacity and willingness to make sound commercial and legal decisions is critical even in the face of ambiguous or conflicting laws and regulations across the business.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Strong agreement drafting/negotiating skills and experience on a wide range of agreements, including sales contracts, technology licensing and partnership agreements.
- Outstanding presentation, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence diverse groups of professionals.
- Exceptional analytical, issue-spotting and problem-solving skills – demonstrated capability to quickly analyze complex factual situations, evaluate key risk issues and make appropriate decisions.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under time and other business pressures; must work collaboratively with other members of the Jamf business and legal teams.
- Ability to build relationships, provide advice and serve as a results-oriented legal professional.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Manager: General Counsel