Project Manager, Product Localization
The Project Manager, Product Localization role is responsible for tracking, communicating, coordinating, and executing product localization initiatives across multiple teams at Jamf. This work will focus on the tactical requirements needed to support the Localization department and improve the international user experience.
This position also supports the release activities for the Technical Communications team, which includes, but is not limited to, setting and communicating deadlines; updating key stakeholders; compiling and proofing documentation; and delivering required content on a tight deadline.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Eau Claire, WI
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: 4 year / Bachelor's degree (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
Manager: Manager, Technical Communications
- Works with multiple Jamf teams and translation vendors to meet goals and expectations for Jamf Pro and Jamf Now localization projects with each product release.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion, ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall project ownership.
- Works with localization service providers (LSPs) and in-country reviewers (ICRs) to ensure projects are delivered on time and with quality.
- Reports on progress and provides regular updates to the Product Localization Manager.
- Advises when projects are at risk, and helps to identify solutions.
- Assists in maintaining and improving the translation memory files.
- Checks translation files for correctness, escalating issues when necessary.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Tests localized workflows and reports.
- Tracks, prioritizes, and resolves product localization defects.
- Communicates the status of Jamf Pro product documentation to key stakeholders throughout the development and release cycles.
- Compiles and delivers product documentation to key stakeholders for beta and general availability releases.
- Maintains release plans and updates release-related milestones, tasks, accountabilities, and communications to keep all stakeholders informed.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements to Tech Comm release activities.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission, and purpose of the organization.
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical, and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity.
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace -- one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed, and manifested in our work.
- 2 + years of project management experience (Required)
- Software development industry experience (Preferred)
- Technical writing or content development experience (Preferred)
- Scripting experience (Preferred)
- Atlassian platform (Preferred)
- Agile (Preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (including Excel and Word)
- Business level proficiency in English
- Knowledge of software development and/or product localization industry
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Able to complete moderate-advanced Jamf Pro workflows in a testing environment