Technical Product Owner
The Technical Product Owner will be responsible for the detailed product backlogs that guide the Jamf feature and sprint teams building Jamf products. You will be a critical part of Product Management, working with that team to turn the product roadmaps into an actionable set of stories.
The Technical Product Owner will be responsible for the detailed product backlogs that guide the Jamf feature and sprint teams building Jamf Pro. The Product Owner has the primary responsibility of turning product roadmap into an actionable set of stories for engineering teams to complete. A Technical Product Owner will focus more on supporting technologies and processes that contribute to the Jamf portfolio.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Eau Claire, WI
Travel frequency: <10%
Education: 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Marketing (Preferred), a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Product Owners
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures.
- Lead and inspire a team of developers to make sure you (as a group) create products that solve customer problems
- Be the ‘go-to’ person and know exactly what is in and out of a product release
- Prioritize implementation of technical initiatives, ensuring timely delivery
- Maintain relationship and communicate regularly with all other product teams making changes to the product.
- Work closely with Architecture to represent Jamf engineering scale needs and highest priority problems to solve
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog by continuously defining, prioritizing and clarifying user stories
- Build and maintain understanding of the product’s technical requirements, underpinnings, and created value for the product porftolio
- Work with QA to prioritize defects ensuring the quality and stability of the product
- Prioritize continuous improvement projects with inputs from development, customers and support
- Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Work with User Experience, Product Management and Quality Assurance to define clear acceptance criteria for product increments.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of released products and iterate as needed
- Communicate status of product increments and releases to the Organization
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Marketing (Preferred), a combination of relevant -experience and education may be considered
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: (Certified Casper Administrator (CCA),Certified Scrum Product - Owner (CSPO),Certified Scrum Product Owner training (CSPO training)
- Relevant product management experience in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of delivering new and profitable products (Required)
- Proven experience working with, leading, and motivating cross-functional and virtual teams (Required)
- Experience in a customer-centric environment (Required)
- Proven experience in taking on challenging problems and solving them (Required)
- Experience in an Agile development environment (Preferred)
- Experience in engineering or leading engineering teams in large cloud deployments (preferred)
- Experience in delivering in a continuous delivery model (preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proven Analytical Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results driven culture
- Self-starter, energetic multi-tasker, highly motivated and team player
- Strong Presentation Skills