Technical Program Manager
The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for the detailed product backlogs that guide Jamf sprint teams focused on building and running the Jamf Cloud. You will be responsible for guiding the technical vision for all internal and external projects related to Jamf Cloud. This includes working with Product Management to align with business initiatives, working with engineering teams using Scrum and Kanban methodologies, and ensuring that Cloud & Delivery teams are focused on the right priorities.
The Technical Program Manager should have both business and technical skills with a demonstrated passion in both areas. A background in software development or systems engineering is critical in order to confidently drive team activities, accurately communicate technical information, and to assess competing priorities. This role is also responsible for creating and maintaining roadmaps, breaking high level initiatives down in to epics, writing technical stories, and leading team activities to properly size and scope that work. This individual will be responsible for overseeing sprints, daily standups, retrospectives, planning meetings, review meetings, and strive for continuous learning and improvement. This includes leading internal and external Jamf Cloud efforts, and the ability to handle competing priorities from many sources is required. This position will collaborate closely with our Cloud Architecture group and our senior technical staff on a daily basis.
The Jamf Cloud is one of the fastest growing areas within Jamf, and you will be responsible for turning ideas in to delivered capabilities.
Location | Minneapolis, MN
Travel | <10%
Job Type | Full Time
Education | 4 year/Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
Manager | Director, Cloud Engineering
- Works with product and engineering teams to turn the product roadmaps into an actionable set of stories.
- Maintains current knowledge with Amazon Web Services and softwareengineering best practices (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs).
- Experienced in delivering products or services in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, and often ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with establishing priorities, analyzing tradeoffs, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across Software Engineering and Business teams
- Collaborate with Product Owners to help prioritize items that will most benefit Jamf Cloud customers and support teams
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- 4 year/Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, a combination of relevant experience and education may be considered)
- Prior experience in a hands-on software or system development role
- Past experience working with Amazon Web Services or similar platforms (Preferred)
- Past Certifications or willingness to pursue: JamfPro Certifications (Jamf-200+)
- Scrum Product Owner (CSPO),Certified Scrum Product Owner training (CSPO training))
- Comfort leading multiple programs and teams at once
- Assessing operational needs and determining backlog priority for Systems and Development Engineers
- Relevant product management experience in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of delivering new and profitable products
- Proven experience working with, leading, and motivating cross-functional and virtual teams
- Experience in a customer-centric environment
- Proven experience in taking on challenging problems and solving them
- Experience presenting technical information to non-technical audiences both verbally and in written form
- Experience in an Agile development environment (Preferred)