Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer position works within the Technical Support department to provide technical support for customers related to the installation, troubleshooting and integration of Jamf products and supporting technologies. This position provides direct technical support to customers on complex technical issues, and provides technical guidance internally to other Technical Support staff in their troubleshooting. The position also actively participates in the creation, maintenance, and sharing of technical information related to core Jamf products and supporting technologies.
Location: Eau Claire, WI or Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Manager: Manager, Technical Support
- Utilize available resources to independently resolve support issue
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot, recreate, and/or resolve support issues related to Jamf products and supporting technologies
- Act as an escalation point for technical questions and case consultations from Strategic Technical Account Managers and Technical Support Specialists
- Create and maintain internal documentation related to technical topic specialties
- Conduct technical training on core products and supporting technologies for both internal and external users
- Use judgment to determine the appropriate channel of response (email, phone, screen sharing, etc).
- Submit and reproduce Product Issues and feature requests respectively
- Occasionally be on call for Support issues outside of normal business hours
- Work cross departmentally as required to resolve customer issues
- Maintain case management to ensure that target response times are met
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization.
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity
- Supports and promote a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work.
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Preferred, a combination of education and relevant experience may be considered)
- Direct experience troubleshooting Jamf products in production environments, or, > 2 Years Ability to troubleshoot issues related to systems, networks, and hardware (Required)
- Experience utilizing command-line tools to administrate or troubleshoot Jamf products, or, > 2 Years Experience using command-line tools (Required)
- > 2 Years Experience with macOS and server platforms (Preferred)
- Experience working in customer service directly supporting enterprise technology, or, > 2 Years demonstrating exceptional customer service skills (Required)
- Experience administrating or troubleshooting Jamf Pro (Preferred)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Apple Platform Proficiency