Vice President, Software Engineering
This role will be responsible for Leading and developing a global software engineering product team responsible for the development of Jamf’s flagship Apple device management solution, Jamf Pro, and the Jamf Nation community website. This highly collaborative leader will partner closely with other leaders within Jamf to deliver and support these software solutions. The ideal candidate will be technically sharp and current in the technologies and methodologies that are used to deliver cloud-based solutions at large scale. They should have extensive experience in agile development methodologies and the personal leadership qualities that can effectively facilitate vision, strategy and direction setting for the teams and then translate those into plans and actions that will accomplish our Jamf product goals.
Job Level: Vice President
Location: Minneapolis, MN Reports to: CTO
Travel Required: Up to 15% (Some international travel may be required)
- Lead and manage diverse and geographically distributed teams (US and Poland).
- Partner closely with the Product Management team to deliver solutions that meet market needs for functionality, quality and time to market.
- Lead the organization in optimizing our products and solutions for the Jamf Cloud.
- Collaborate with the CTO on a technology vision and roadmap which supports the growth of existing products and development of new products while balancing prioritization of other engineering initiatives.
- Utilize best in class metrics and systems for gauging progress and demonstrating improvement in engineering practices and delivery.
- Play a hands-on role with the software engineering organization by maintaining a personal presence and demonstrating engagement in the engineering processes and accepting responsibility for project/team performance.
- Develop and enhance strategies for supporting Apple product release cycles, including “Zero-Day” support.
- Participate in technical due diligence and represent the state and direction of our technical architecture to external audiences.
- Develop staff leadership skills thru mentoring and creation of opportunities.
- Lead by demonstrating servant leadership, selflessness, and relentless self-improvement.
- Provide strategic leadership while also assisting teams in the development of tactical implementation plans.
- Develop and maintain CIO and senior-level technology relationships at key customer accounts and partners.
- 10+ Years professional experience in Enterprise Software development roles demonstrating progressive knowledge and growth in responsibilities. (Required)
- 8+ Years leading high functioning software engineering teams (Required)
- Experienced in delivering products built on AWS or other cloud platforms. (Required)
- Strong customer relationship/management skills (Required)
- Experienced in using the Atlassian suite of SDLC tools including Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket. (Preferred)
- Familiar with Apple platform OS’s like MacOS, iOS, tvOS (Preferred)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Required)
- Master’s Degree in a technical field and/or MBA (Preferred)
- Agile/Scrum certifications (Preferred)
- AWS or other cloud certifications (Preferred)